They say “not all heroes wear capes” — but in this case, he does now!
A dog is credited with alerting a family in Pace of a fire in their home on Saturday evening.
The Troyer family’s dog Lucky alerted the family of a fire before the smoke detectors.
“Our garage caught on fire last night from a rag we used with linseed oil to oil our rocking chairs,” Jennifer Troyer says. “It combusted in the heat of the garage. Our dog named Lucky alerted us before the smoke detectors and we got out safely. He is our hero!”
Troyer goes on to note “Pace FD was amazing!”